Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Wondrous Lord is He

I wrote this the last time I read Chapter Two of "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge. Still think it is worthy of posting.

The sun that fills the day with light,
The moon and stars which govern night,
Do not compare in brilliance,
Can’t measure up to YOU in might.

Above a sea of crystal,
Seated on a shining throne,
All Heaven may be glorious,
But we’ll worship YOU alone!

Honestly, what should I care,
If gold-paved is common street?
The only thing of value true,
Is kneeling at YOUR feet!

And lo, the frightful creatures,
Covered in many eyes,
Such able-sighted beings,
Still praise YOU in surprise!

The universe we ponder,
Too large to comprehend,
Filled to brim with wonders,
All sculpted at YOUR hand.

YOU planned every story,
Beginning and the End,
YOU know my inner workings,
More than lover, more than friend.

Fact, YOU love us uncondition’ly,
And suffered death to free,
Of all our sins, if so we choose,
To leave Satan; our adultery.

What compassionate love to forgive me,
Of ALL my adultery?

…A wondrous LORD is HE.

No comments:

Post a Comment