Saturday, October 23, 2010

No More Requests!

No more requests. Possibly forever. No exceptions.
I know I have promised some of you pictures beforehand. I will still try to work on those that I remember and get those completed, but after this, there will be no more. Anyone who asks will be directed via link to this entry.

The reason is simple, I have pretty much lost all motivation in art. It's gone. I enjoy working on the yard more than picking up my pencil. Pulling out the sketchbooks has become a chore. I simply don't want to do it, because I don't feel like I'm allowed to focus on my own ideas anymore. I have to finish everyone elses' first...

It's lost its sense of originality, of creativity. I'm just putting everyone elses' creative desires to paper. My thoughts, my stories, my concepts, my entire imagination has been neglected.

I really don't need anyone's requests anymore; I have billions of my own ideas, clogging my brain, but I can't get them down on paper 'cause the books are already full with everyone elses' half-finished ideas. I need to finish what I've started, close the requests for good, and start over.

I want art to be a hobby again... I don't want it to become a career.


Sorry guys,
Justin H.

No comments:

Post a Comment